Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wow...you want a humbling experience?

Now, I know I'm not the first person to Google themselves...but really - how many people find out that they share a name with a famous serial killer?


Yep. Especially because I'm trying to educate folks about Measure A on the November ballot, I figured it would be important that they be able to find me on line. Oops! That's not me...that's, uh...some other guy! Who killed people. Bad luck? Yes. I'm not even REMOTELY related to that Chris Wilder. Honest.

So, then I Googled "Chris Wilder Health" and found a cool copy of Connections, the employee magazine for those who work for the Santa Clara Valley Health & Hospital System. It's over four years old, but it told me three things:

1. The mission of the VMC Foundation hasn't changed - we're still at it, with all enthusiasm!
2. The photo, taken a full 12 years ago, shows I could use some time on the stairmaster.
3. We've got to figure out a way to get "googlers" to get to http://www.vmcfoundation.org/ , right?

Right.

I'm no Internet expert, so I'll share this with my brillaint staff and they'll help me figure out how to get more traffic to our website, and to info about Measure A, and not to a serial killer. I mean, honestly...killing Captain Crunch? King Vitamin? Too horrible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Your blog is great, and I know something about the night elves, they are the race I WOW power leveling when I get my first account:The reclusive Night Elves power leveling[ were the first race to awaken in the World of Warcraft Power Leveling. These shadowy, immortal beings were the first to study magic and let it loose throughout the world nearly ten thousand years before Warcraft I. The Night Elves' reckless use of magic drew the Burning Legion into the world and led to a catastrophic war between the two titanic races. The Night Elves barely managed to banish the Legion from the world, but their wondrous homeland was shattered and drowned by the sea. I love this race and suggested everyone that start their WOW power leveling a rogue or druidof night el