Monday, February 14, 2011

Newsflash: This actually isn't funny...





I'm a little astounded by how far we need to go in educating people about signs of stroke. When I saw this video, I was very alarmed - but based on the comments and how it went viral, seems most folks thought this was funny.



I like funny. This isn't it.



As of this writing, I'm not sure anyone knows whether this reporter was suffering a stroke...but that's not really the point. The point is, she exhibited some tell-tale signs - and way too many otherwise intelligent people had a good laugh.


Am I out of line, here? Watch the video and tell me what you think.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very sad, absolutely tragic in fact. I hope she is able to recover. And yes that did look very much like a stroke! My dad passed away from a stroke that started very much like this, it progressed extremely rapidly. Again, my prayers for her full and speedy recovery.